Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Treasure Hunt

OOOf!!!Whoever said being around kids! ( did I say that?? ) was fun! Was absolutely right!

Today being a special day, I managed to organise a treasure hunt for the residents of our apartment complex.

We had such a great time.....the fun in seeing the clues being cracked, kids running up and down the place, elders trying to brainstorm.....it was fun!!! pure absolute excitement.

The little kids in the age group of 2-7 were given a set of easy clues...
they had to collect objects whose names started with the letters of the alphabet...and all within half an hour..
their was of handling non existent solutions were amazing...I had one team who came up with Q - queen, u'd think its so perfect...but...but....there's this lil girl all of 7, wearing a crown on her head and standing in front of me" I am the Queen " Can I contradict that??? I crossed my fingers that the other team had a better solution, and they didnt ..the lil feet scampering around, with so much of feverish excitement...little hands holding on to a bag....filled with objects..." I'd do this day in and day out, only to watch that burst of sunshine in their faces, when they find the right object...

The older ones had senior citizens in the teams too...and what support they were giving....they couldnt run up and down steps, but they helped crack the clues, and egged on their team members...tough clues some of them ( I actually stayed up the whole morning....and afternoon, preparing the clues...) and I'm so glad ...it was tough, the men were complaining that I was responsible for their scalps being balded.....kids were cribbing that I was too tough on them, but in the end they solved each and every clue, and brought back their treasure....

Looking back, I realise, thi is what that gives me contentment....seeing those glowing faces....those sad frowns, the bickering when 2 teams clash...and finally the fact that aunty's son , didn't know any of the places that the clue was hidden....oh poor R,..
I achieved it....I made all of them smile...
I will try and put up the clues that i had organised...maybe I can improve on it next time..

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY....

No comments: