Monday, October 29, 2007

crafty

Ma!!!! I forgot! ( Heard this before??) and the time says 8.50 P.M. Now, if this forgotten malady existed before 7, wouldn't it have been cured. No! How can it? Where's the excitement of parenting, where's the rush hours, the stress....? so I gingerly, ( hoping against all hopes its just a very normal thing forgotten and for which I have my useful remedies. That sweet stressful, 'ur my best mom 'look oozing out of those sly eyes....knowing full well, that a 'not done project' could mean me standing in the silent corridors, chewing more than my fingernails...worrying to death, what that lil, mind must be ging thru...nah, I'd rather trudge thru the rainswept , slushy roads, with umbrella in hand and go digging into dusty chart papers, pictures, and god knows what, looking the best clown that can be conjured. PLonk myself to the task of cutting sticking, and being told what to do, and more importantly: " You don't know anything, ma" , only to hear the next minute ...a screech, " Maaaaa.....shit!!!( I thought there were better words being taught lil children, all of 11, ) I forgot!! one more??? Now what???...I had to stick pictures in my note. Thats cakewalk, I thought.

But who said it was....early paleolithic man, didnt think they would require his skills and tools to be kept ready in hand all colored and printed, did he??? At 9.00 pm , its back to the ever helpful, internet ( How did these kids manage in the pre-internet days??? ) Maybe the project were based on those pictures you got in the friendly neighbourhood 'shetty angadi' [the all purpose mall for us hassled mom's- all of 100 sft]

Sit through, cutting and sticking, trying to act all knowledgeable, when the silence is haunting.....the rascal lot, has gone into deep slumber...knowing that momma, will ease it away... 3 hours, and endless moves to keep the "segmenta sacralia medullae spinalis:- no adlike moves, with MOOV-from collapsing . And as my friend says, keeping the eyes open with a pair of clothes clips....finish with the very much appreciated ( by thyself of course, what did u expect???) work. I quickly close all paraphernelia...and jump straight into bed. With visions of glowing monsters, attacking the gluestick only to let it fall splash on the sheets..., the looming faces of the teachers...) I blissfully settle into deep slumber.
And who said it was eay. But the "awesome, amma, ur the best" drives all those monsters into their nooks.....and I get back to chewing the nails, .....

19 comments:

Compassion Unlimitted said...

Just lovely..So sweet it sounds all the way
TC
CU

Prats said...

@cu hey, thanks it only sounds sweet...but I guess all the stress will turn it rancid :)

aMus said...

heh..heh...where would the world be without us mothers :))

i just helped swaraj finish a project on 'book lungs' and i do understand how u feel :)

Keshi said...

awwwwwwwww so true...cos thats what I still do to my mum even tho Im not a kid anymore LOL!

Keshi.

Prats said...

@ta You said it.....but sometimes, I feel we 're the ones bringing it on ourselves...y don't we just leave them be :( Tough I know...I keep saying it, but never worked for me

and whats the book lungs....??

@keshi...u do??? oh my!!! please please, give her a break.... :)
But u know secretly, I think us moms do love it...the feeling of being needed...

Preeti Shenoy said...

hee heee--I had to make caterpillar horns when there were just 10 minutes left for the school bus to arrive! Of course I work best under stress and short deadlines--so i complied.I was so proud of my creation i had to take a picture--will boast (oops--post!) it on my blog sometime!
I could really relate to this post.

Prats said...

@ps caterpillar horns...god!!! what will they come up next lol..
And yeah stress does up our creativity I suppose...you must surely post those creations....maybe it'll give us those stressfree insights for our next projects :)

Tys on Ice said...

i so saw my wife whn i read this post...poor woman, she really deserves an award..maybe i shud help...nah, she wudnt like the interference...

Prats said...

@tys Oh tys, i'm sure she really would love to do it all on her own :) . But you cna still dish out the award.

AlterinG Abhishek said...

hee hee!!
nice post!!

aMus said...

"what r book lungs"...i was waiting 4 this question (rubbing my hands in glee)...after the great project, i found out that book lungs were repiratory organs found in spiders and scorpions!!!...turns out we are always learning somthing new out here...

perhaps ziah could incorporate this in her story :)

Sairekha said...

Hey! Prats! Arjun n Rishi are keepin ya occupied I see... I'm soooo much in love with them!!:) And I haven't gotten over Corner House..:)I'll post snaps soon. This transaction is killing me babe..:)

I'm kinda scared of getting used to the feeling-good-by-feeling-needed number... there will be a day when I may not be needed anymore... so I try real hard to not get used to it.. :)

@thinking aloud - book lungs sound damn cool!! :) Thank you:)

Prats said...

@ziah hey muppet, I can see your back in action....missed you out here :) Yep my kids are driving me insane rather...but its part of mommying I guess....and nutty about corner house;) ?
and u hang in there...no need to feel guilty for wanting to be needed...and I don't think there's gonna be a day when people will stop needing you....:"hug u"

Vinesh said...

aww.. that's so sweet! :-)

manuscrypts said...

ah, the child in you... what grade did you manage to get? :D

Prats said...

@ Vinesh, hey thanks...I also hope my kids think that way too :)

@manu oh yeah....I don't think i'll ever let it get the better of me...always a child within...
Grade, I don't know....marks still to come in....thats why the nails are still being chewed up...
thanks for dropping in, and please keep visiting..

hope and love said...

:))
so sweet..!

Raghu said...

cheers to pratty, the supermom!

Prats said...

@hope and love
Thank you, and its nice having you here. Keep dropping in

@raghu. Well, I seriously don't think I deserve that much praise :) But thank you.