Thursday, February 21, 2008

Colon, right ,round bracket!! :)




Forces are always acting against me L


I started off this line and ended it with a smiley in MS Word…forgot all about it. It just comes naturally, the smileys…(I’m learning..) After using it on Gtalk, orkut, facebook, sms’s , yahoo, whattoo…nottooo…. (they don’t exist, I know, I know…..but so what, )
I had forgotten about it…
Then I posted the well written, spelling checked post into the blogger…Damn!!!! The blogger does’nt like me….It didn’t accept my characters well, or do you think it thought of the smiley as a bad word!! ?? It came out as some L . I WAS LIKE ,WHY IS THIS CAPITAL LETTER HERE???? Took me a while to realize though….yeah, yeah…tech challenged we are…oops I am!!!


Last evening I was all grinning…yes, thanks to ‘MAGIC BOX’ the now famous underpass in my locality being opened to public….no they didn’t have time for formal opening, the la muhurat and jing bang, mantri wantri and all…..but yes, banana leaves (or maybe they were trees itself) , mango, leaves, flowers, ‘bumboo kOlus (bamboo sticks to support them) all were there. I was mighty kicked. I happened to be passing by just when it was being thrown open to us polluters. But as I said forces have to act against me….I was coming in from Cauvery theatre direction…and the underpass starts off from the opposite direction….but yes…I did manage to go past and look , peep, into the narrow thing they have called Underpass….magic??? Don’t know where they have used it….It sure was magic, it was completed in a record time of 36 days, which was meant to get done in 72 hours!! . I’m now waiting eagerly for the first faux pas to happen…until then its Abracadabra…

Exams around the corner means hassled moms…but exams always around…means insane moms. ( I just got an sms, saying that we belonged to the already stressed out, alwayz hassled mum(s), now gone mad nut") There’s so much panic in me….terrified that I’m gonna jumble up subjects and teach the sonnies, the other one’s papers. Yeah, yeah, I know….I have now pasted their time tables all over the house….now it looks like someone will come into the house and put up boards “stick no bills” But that’s my solution…and keep checking ..and ask my “now irritated” kids…is today Thursday or Friday??? No…I told you forces….

This got me thinking back and wondered, why, is that the vegetable vendor who always comes in at 10.30 AM chooses to come earlier only while I’m in the bath???

Why do my kids always remember their project work only after the neighbourhood “shetty angaDi’s” ( the local, all purpose grocery cum provision cum stationary cum cool drinks cum onion potato shop) has closed for their slumber?

Why does the bread always run short , with only the last ,end two bits glaring at me, only when I feel like eating it?


Why is it, that I always remember to call my sons by the other’s name…and just let things accelerate, ‘cos they are already bugged with something. Aren’t we supposed to be good at remembering all things really well??? Why doesn’t it work then???

Why can’t I just control my sweet tooth? I can always say a No to fried sins, with ease, but the sight of these jamoons, jalebis, and I’m drooling and thinking of all excuses to have them…why? Why?? ( And now I feel like having aplle pie... :( )

Why is it that I always think of just writing a small short post and land up going on and on and on and on……..???

Why is it that each morning I just have to check all your blogs of fame……and only then can I function…No I’m not addicted….just love reading…(isn’t that always an excuse)??

Have any of you ever had the problem of wanting to write something, having something to write on the tip of your tongue...and not knowing what to write????

23 comments:

Sairekha said...

Because:)
Okay, for the last few, even I have this tip of my tongue syndrome:) So, two's company, right??:)

aMus said...

there...there..momma...take a deep breath...if forces didn't act against you you wouldn't be able to stand...u see it all has to do with gravity..i'm doing simple machines with swaraj these days...... :D...(*hides*)

why is that it is always a joy to read your posts?

:) :) :)

Guruprasad said...

i had tears in my eyes after reading your post... no no! its just that i was laughing so hard! i'm sorry, i know i should try understand your plight and all that, which i do, but i couldn't help it :P

last night my son (who i think is equally paranoid as his mom) woke her up at some obscene hour (2 am i think!) about some assignment that had to be done... i think i'll write a post about it...

our 'istri walla' also always uncannily rings the bell just as we set the table for dinner... we've tried outwitting him by changing our dinner timing... but he's always one up on us :(

--xh-- said...

all this happends because tahzt teh way it is. I learned early in my life to stop asking these question. Thinsg do happen :-D
yeah - the magic underpass - though it took 30+ days, it was fast compared to otehr projects. and from teh next wrk, they r gng to make it more wide. exams - the thing which comes to take the fun out of school/college days...

Prats said...

@ziah et tu!! Y? I always ask? Whats so tough in just blurting it out isn't it???

@TA *inhale , exhale* lol....hasn't been helping though its been giving me a different paranoia..."is my heart beating , right? " :)
Gravity?? oh yeah...momma...come to the end then you'll still be grinning...I just finished with that chapter...


@guruprasad...wait till your wife reads that your laughing at us behind her back.... grrrrr


2 am??? Actually I think its still doable...its better than having to be reminded at 7.30 if u have to leave the house at 7.30 am.....but I'm waiting for that post...

@xh Its gonna be better...yeah...but as luck would have it...all those wide, narrow, high whatever magic is happening on all sides of our area...putting our lives in full disorder.. :(, but I still loved the Sun and Moon murals on the walls...bright spots..

Whitesnake said...

in answer to the last sentence.
Yes!

Neera said...

He he he!! Such a funny post! Forces act against me all the time too ..kids take the longest naps when I don't intend to take one and vice versa.
Two end slices of bread is the classic!
And yes having something to write about but clueless about where to begin and where to end happens to me all the time too :)

rayshma said...

it's such a pleasure to read ur posts.... :)

Rambler said...

as per your last line goes, so many times it has happened to me that I have something to write about and not able to do it.
Like I want to write about How we choose certain kind of people to be around us, and what forms the criterion. But somehow I am not able to write about it.

Prats said...

@whitesnake :) I have company *claps*

@neera :)) thanks...
I know what u mean....mine don't when I want to sleep....wake up early on holidays and pester me to wake up too.....

@rayshma...as much as it is yours :)

@rambler. I think I have that problem too right now...I must have started off ona so many topics, but didnt go beyond 2 lines, but then suddenly something will drop in....

Preethi said...

"
Why is it that I always think of just writing a small short post and land up going on and on and on and on……..???"

Tell me too.. sailing in the same boat!!!
It was such good fun to read your post.. as always!! :)

Jaya said...

Listen to me for a solution for your sweet tooth, just listen to it :) I understand. Infact, I am going to have a chocolate right now. Relax Prats, its "what's the other name for murphy's laws?" - yes Life. Sit back and take a deep breath and yes pick up that plate of gulab jamun.

Unknown said...

Magic Box... hope people don't disappear when they pass through it.

Exam times for kids is sure a stressful period for moms too.. hmm and interesting questions there.

And to answer your last question.. yep happens way too often with me which is why I can't write as often as I wish I could.

aMus said...

why oh why do you get tagged everytime?

TAGGED, dearie!!! an easy peasy one ...to destress you!!!

Sumana said...

Ah the exam times are so wonderful to compress the already stressed moms correct. You definitely need a gulab jamun. Comeon, i t is that time of life to just go hyper.
Have fun

umarag said...

Ha..ha..ha..Achoo. I took the day off after gazillion years, literally to spend a day with R one-on-one , and we both end up with the flu . Why ?

Murphy's Law

UL said...

I believe I am the other way round, I always had minimal things to say...if only I could speak what I am able to write..

Shruti said...

Does it irritate to hear me say that your irritation sound so cute :D
Yay! Icons work here ;-)

And when one intends a short post and ends up writing a long one, it turns out to be a real fun read :-)

Prats said...

@preethi...I don't know why, now I feel like singing "Row, row, row your boat...hehehe "
exams are making me crazy do u think???

@j As long as we know where we want to go to...we are ok. But looks like we are getting a few more all in that stretch....fun times :)

@TA tagged?!!! Ok time to have a look...but I guess will tackle it only next week....hope its ok?

@sumana OH oh.....wrong words....now looks like I got to go get that Jamoons....

@uma hey, hope things are warming up now? The flu can be mean....and laws can turn against us all the time :(

@ul U speak so wonderfully in the lines that you write...and it is conveyed so beautifully, so rest easy...and have fun.

@shruthi Nah!!! They don't sure tickle me up....and I should stick to adding the smileys here I suppose.. :))

Shruti said...

hey Prats.. I'm blogrolling u. Actually, I'm telling u after doing it :) No one would object anyway, right?

Keshi said...

oyeah many times Prats :)

Keshi.

Bimla Kalauny said...

Kids ALWAYS remember project work when globe stores has shut for the night. I was one of those kids
:-D. So right you are on all three fronts!

When do the exams end btw? And this post wasn't long enough!

Anonymous said...

hehhehe! Prats!

see someone's genuine plight is funny to others ;)

I guess.. the last 2 pieces of bread.. my momma dahhliingg wud think the saem thing... and see her kids are all grown up.. nothing has changed, i guess!

our isthri wala, pani wala .. everr one do cme wen moma has to be in bath and i have to cme tumbling dwn the stairs to let them know to wait :D

hhhehehe!