Sunday, May 25, 2008

Food'ed and cartoon'ed


One would have thought, these IPL matches would have been overdone and walked all over us...yes! it has, but the enthusiasm to watch those matches still hasnt waned. And added to it ,ferrying around my son, for his set of cricket too..but I've loved these 2 months of vacation. Its been fun, slow, easy and hot( yes!!! terribly warm for us people out here...the rains have still not brought the temperatures down! ). Chilling out, meeting friends, partying, watching movies, and all those repeats of the same old cartoons...and oh yes!!!!! meeting my fellow bloggers too...
First I met Ziah...and I have got to to say this woman is a bundle of enthusiasm and so much energy, she makes me feel old and worn out :(, Of course her planning system has gone a lil astray....after she went animal hopping to Bannerghatta National Park.. hehehe...but you meet her and you'll know what I mean...of course her 'Guru' husband, 'The Hells Angel ' also party crashed and I am now back to making excuses for procrastinating again...for not starting work. I know, i know....I should and all....but you know how it is.......
"Its vacation now, I will after the school starts...:D
and then I also did meet the supermom, the pretty Suma of 'thinking aloud', and now she's gone and given me a big complex....:D just joking...but now I know, all the
wedding "ooTa's" , I've been eating and the party food, should now be camouflaged under tents....so am now going to go on a diet, " only blog reading, no eating" ....Been away from blogs for a while, I have to apologize....Its been crazy...but I'm not able to finish reading one full post, in one shot...and then by the time I start all over again....the number of unread blogs go up some
more...waaaahhhhh.....
So please bear with me...while I get back my breath , and get back to all of you....

ps : OoTa: in kannada, the local language , means food, a meal.

you can catch the details here...


18 comments:

Rambler said...

looks like you are having all the fun with ootaa...almost made me jealous :)

Somebody Else said...

First!

Don't get used to summer holidays so much. When your kids grow up and get into engineering colleges that decide their term schedules with mechanisms roughly resembling pinning tails to donkeys( while blindfolded of course and done alongside much merrymaking and tomfoolery) at parties, your life will go haywire and you will begin to miss "the good old days" of staying home in April.

I'm sorry this comment is turning so personal but I'm pissed I have to attend college in Summer and stay at home when it's gloomy and rainy! :(

And yes, I'm going to miss IPL once it's over too :(

PS- Bangalore won! Yayyy!

broca's area said...

hmmm....oota!!..."bitti oota andre mai alla baayi"..lol

Preeti Shenoy said...

What fun you are having! Oota and Suma and Ziah. ;-)
And you have the audacity to crib!~!! Hmph!!
I order you to shut up right now! And sumne enjaaaay maaadi!!
:-)
Else you shall be imported into Pune where you wull be condemned to spend 10 days with me :)
No oota-shoota :) But lots of IPL--frenzy continues here too.

aMus said...

darn...u did it faster than me...teh meeting would have been my next post..i'm still recovering from meeting two gorgeous ladies...:)and teh bundle of energy ..i agree with u there...

to think that i went and told sis dear teh same thing about you both...:)

me supermom? u sure u talking about me?

as for teh oota...i've given up and am just eating and eating

c u soon...

Compassion Unlimitted said...

oota and a dessert of Bloggie friends meet..carry on Prat..envy u
tc
cu

Unknown said...

Back from Bhubaneshwar and trust me, Bangalore's heat is indeed heaven :D

rantravereflect/ jane said...

oota suma ziah n all that fun!!!!
woman ya must be freakin out- keep havin fun!!
n yehhh te IPL.:(
i dunnnn want it to end, n wan chennai to be in the semis;)(dun hate me);)

haveee funnnn!

Preethi said...

you are having a fun vacation eh... as for IPL... thats all I watched every evening for the past month... yaawn!!!

Bimla Kalauny said...

Hey, the video is not available anymore? I would love to see it ... please do email :)

Prats said...

@rambler :D When you start matching the number of them you've had in inches...its not fun any more :(

@somebody else Welcome here!
I know what you mean...and don't feel too bad....you'll slowly get used to that vague schedule too....it doesn't matter if its summer or school...its all about holidays.

Prats said...

@brocasarea aiyooo....neevu aa category na? I remember being like that in college, now the word itself brings me shivers...

@ps :D **fingers on lips**

Exported from here sounds a great idea.. I''m too Bangalored now :(

Prats said...

@suma I beat you , I beat you... :D.
Thank you , i'm still grinning...of course like a gorilla.
and yes....you are a super mom

Prats said...

@CU you are invited too remember????? There is still time...do make it

Prats said...

@J oh yes!!!! nothing to beat the weather right now. Heavenly!

@rantravereflect Oh If IPL ends its ok...there'll be many more..
And its ok if Chennai reaches...as they have already..they now play Punjab...so its going to be fun...

broca's area said...

exactly no..but some times my taste buds overcome my will power!!..:)

Anonymous said...

ahhh ha! enjoy the summers.. the IPL.. and the ota girl.. i m envious.. u gotto meet Suma already :D

have fun!!

ceedy said...

lucky...

sorry have been tied up at work :( real life does suck but glad that you are having fun....

cheers to suma and ziah...