Tuesday, October 23, 2018

...And you soar high.. turning 18 as you fly..

The day 18 years ago.. I had smiled while I held on to the lil chubby fingers of my older 4 year bright eyed boy, your brother ...we both looked at this peaceful lil bundle with long curvy eyelashes and sighed... 
6 months and I was at peace.. Here was my sunshine gurgling away...
2 years- I looked back... I saw a blur whizzing past me... I turned away and smiled. Life was normal. Everything around me was normal. This little sunny boy....  If one had to look inside they would find a heart of gold. Soft.. sensitive, loving and most generous.. 
Always my sunny boy. 
How do you hold so much love in your heart? 
5 years and our journey with growing up hit us full force.. broken bones notwithstanding.. You managed to bring a smile on the faces you interacted with.
Your mind had its own string.. you swung by.. and each time you went past.. you enveloped your dad, brother and me in a warm hug. 
Your brother and you were the two ends of the spectrum.. you helped spin it so fast that your fingers clasped each other every passing moment.
If ever there was an emotion to describe you.. it would still melt in a puddle of warmth, compassion and madness. 
The ‘you don’t know anything, Ma’ was a recurring dialogue in our lives. Soon it happened that I really didn’t know and I was learning things from my child and I realised I was prouder now than I ever was before. 

I wish you the courage to grab all the opportunities that will come by you and I wish you the perseverance to live your life to the fullest.


You’ll soon find out that being an adult is much less exciting than being a child. But shhhh don’t tell anyone. That’s our secret. 
I can’t guarantee that your life after eighteen will be totally smooth. But as your friend, I guarantee that Appa, Rishi and I will always stand by your side whether you are eighteen or more.. 
Go fulfil your dreams and stay joyous as you always should be. Don’t look back in regret. Look forward with hope. 
Be a star in the lives you touch. Spread your sparkle and keep smiling. And someday when your lashes get entangled because they’re too long, remember not to cry.. It’ll just get worse.. Let it be....Let go....Soar high...and spread love beneath your wings..,

And pick up the phone....because I will continue to worry..




Happy 18th! My dearest child.. Amma loves you

No comments: