Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Clothes tags!!


The last few days had been extremely hectic , what with kids exams going on...Dont know if the school holds them to test the parents' patience or the kids' brains....
After days of haggling with whiny, absentee kids....thought, I'd have a nice and relaxed time, after all its their vacation now...

All happiness and anticipation of good things to come vanishes into thin air like the genie quickly stuffing himself back into the lamp :( . Or am I the only one who's whining up the wall?? It brings me to such thought processess, that I feel guilty of being bad...or maybe too fussy.
Should I just let them be...
Just let them? ,,...... wake up at the hour when lunch is fast approaching...one call from a friend ...only to have them jump into the basin to finish their otherwise, dreaded jobs, down their breakfast, etc at breakneck speed....and in a matter of a second vanish in front of your eyes...and your left standing like a foolish owl, mouth wide open and smoke coming out of your ears...Then I convince myself that after all its vacation time...chill...c'mon...let them be..

Lunch time forgotten, and I'm back to searching high and low for them....screaming out their names, that one day my neighbours will have me arrested for disturbing their idyllic settlement :(
After a long search, I find them all huddled ...reminds me of those urchins..grouped around each other...heads bent over some small contraptions...and so engrossed they can't hear....they just can't...and I watch while they play to understand what makes them like this so much....can't understand why they need to ....keep jabbering at some minute button, and peer into the almost invisible characters on the screen...and since that goddam thingy needs light to be seen...they keep migrating to new spaces where there is natural light....tried understanding them and their obsession with these gameboys, ps2's ...but never could...
So now i've decided to let them be...

Got back to the rather inane task of cleaning and folding those umpteen clothes...and found a new t-shirt....and cracked up reading the tag....couldn't understand in the first place, why they even try to attach so many tags....I hardly read them, ....its so irritating....cos, when I need to I don't have a scissors around, and then that damn string is so ungiving....and then they expect me to read the stupid tags too????
This one though escaped and slapped my face....but brought a smile at least

It read " I'm only coming if you've got the....t-shirt waiting for me to wear...." " we'd like to get your kid hooked into the goodness of Tantra early on in life ! That way, he/she can grow up to be a 'free' spirit, and we can grow old to be respectable billionaires...."

Billionaire indeed?!!!
someone give me the hammer........

8 comments:

Keshi said...

Kids can drive u crazy oyeah!


**tried understanding them and their obsession with these gameboys, ps2's ...but never could...
So now i've decided to let them be...


LOL I can soooo see my cousin here...she's got 2 young kids who r obsessed with PS2!


Keshi.

Sairekha said...

Kids??

**tried understanding them and their obsession with these gameboys, ps2's ...but never could...
So now i've decided to let them be...**

Sounds like my marriage here!! :)Lol.

Tys on Ice said...

hey, i just found out how stupid iam ....tried all the lil quizz on ur side bar and got beaten badly...wah wah...how do u play the hangman? wht am i supposed to do?

as rgds to kids...i hve nothing to say...with one using the wall as a giant canvas and the other one on the way, i know that my sanity is a soon to be extinct thing

aMus said...

are u sure u don't have my kids out there with u...

i generally need a vacation to recover from the vacation...LOL

@tys on ice..
i got them all right,,,see what v r good at? :)

Brown Girls said...

Oh, it looks like you need a hug and lots of pampering! I'm a bit better now. Deleting my latest post, some copyright problems, bla bla, so thought would continue the conversation over here.

Hug ()

:)

Tys on Ice said...

finally...figured out how to play the hangman...but lost :(

iam going back to school

Anonymous said...

A very Happy Birthday to you!

Prats said...

@keshi Crazy?!! I'm yet to find a word to define that craze...
@ziah Oh so there are some out there too??? I really pity you :)

@tys Hey sorry I wasn't around to educate u on hanging the hangman...coz I was out holidaying( and this time it was a real one ) but now i'm glad to know you've got the hang of it...poooof.....don't worry u'll pick up the tricks
And don't assume your battle is won now...you've got lots more coming...

@thinkingaloud A holiday from a holiday...yeah, that sounds like my refrain now....and I got more of that damn gameboy all through...but it did seat them in one place ;)

@browngirls Thank you thank you...I sure need all the tlc..

@anon Thanks for the wishes